TBM Consulting Group, Inc. is seeking full-time associates for the position of Management Consultant.
The Management Consultant typically works as part of a project team on large scale implementations or projects. The Management Consultant is responsible for quickly assessing and analyzing the current situation and helping the team in collecting data and implementing solutions to eliminate waste and achieve tangible results.
This role provides support to TBM Senior Management Consultants and client personnel using analytical skills, and operational excellence methods to achieve continuous improvements on the shop floor and in the office. The individual must have strong analytical skills and proficiency with Microsoft applications including Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project. In addition, preferred candidates will have a basic understanding of the fundamental technical principles and the methodologies of the Toyota Production System, the Danaher Business System or other similar management operating systems. This position is designed as a developmental path to a Senior Management Consultant position.
The Management Consultant spends the majority of time working with clients at their facilities. The balance of the time is spent in review with the company, updating plans, consulting with clients remotely, planning future engagements, developmental training, or in some cases developing new training materials. The position will be based in North Carolina; However, no relocation is required. The Management Consultant will travel to client locations from his or her current home residence.
- Provide support to TBM team members and client personnel using analytical skills and operational excellence methods to achieve continuous improvements on the shop floor, warehouse and in the back office.
- Gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing recommendations for presentation to client management. From there, you will implement those recommendations with client team members.
- Make an important contribution to the analysis, design, and implementation of Lean Manufacturing and Management approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
- Rapidly develop your competencies across multiple industries and sectors, becoming a skilled and highly effective consultant with the ability to develop clear and compelling analyses of relevant client problems and translate those objectives into implementation activities.
- A minimum of two years of experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably in some supervisory capacity.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, financial acumen, and business management experience.
- Willingness to travel up to 100% (4 or 5 days a week on the road).
- Interpersonal skills that enable the candidate to effectively interact with operating and executive management as well as shop floor employees.
- Strong skills in the following areas:
- Microsoft Office tools including Excel
- Process and value stream mapping
- Data mining & analysis
- Ability to develop & implement solutions to client problems
The successful candidate will also demonstrate alignment to TBM Core Values and support our mission to provide exceeding value to our clients. Flexibility, creativity, honesty, and integrity are all expected characteristics of all TBM team members.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required
- An advanced degree in Business or Management is desirable Compensation
- TBM provides competitive compensation including a base salary, a bonus structure, and a comprehensive benefits package.
TBM Consulting Group, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, email your cover letter and resume to Shannon Gabriel - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary history and requirements must be included in your cover letter.